Parody On A Jumping Clinic With George Morris

Feb 14, 2008 7 Comments by

On a less somber note following my most recent post (see Teach Kids To Be Safe Around Horses) I just had to share this link to a Parody on a Jumping Clinic With George Morris. The writer critiques a serious of hideous jumping photos following the George Morris style used in his monthly Practical Horseman column. As an avid fan of George Morris and subscriber to his equitation teachings, I find this rather hilarious. I’m sure you will too. So, take a break from whatever you’re actually supposed to be doing and have yourself a good laugh.  Be aware that all of the riders critiqued on this page submitted their own pictures and were aware of the purpose for which they are used. No egos were harmed in the making of this web page.

Thanks to Behind the Bit for bringing this to our attention.

Horsin' Around

7 Responses to “Parody On A Jumping Clinic With George Morris”

1. ranchette says:

That’s hilarious. I’m a big George Morris (as my well tattered copy of Hunter Seat Equitation shows) so love this parody.

2. Anastasia Burke says:

I am a fairly regualr contribubtor to “Practical Horseman,” as well as a subscriber and all I can say to this is…thank you for making me laugh. I just love the part about, “if this rider were in a hunter ring rather than a jumper ring, I’d like to see him on a nice bay hunter rather than an appaloosa.”

Perfect!

Thanks for making us all aware of this fun and funny site!

Anastasia

3. Johanna Oberhauser says:

I am a big fan of George Morris, so when I found out that you could look at his critiques, I thought, “This is awesome! I’ll definately be able to learn something from this!”. But when I looked at all the pictures and read all of the different critiques I couldn’t stop smiling! These pictures are HILARIOUS! I think that it was really cool because you are looking at really wacky horse and rider pictures, but yet at the same time, you are learning from other people’s mistakes. Thanks so much!

~Johanna
    P.S. I hope that I’ll never look as silly as some others did :-)

Anastasia, Glad you enjoyed it. Anybody who reads George Morris will get a huge kick out of it. I’m just glad those people were willing to subject themselves to that for our entertainment.

Johanna – I certainly hope I’ve never looked that silly, but unfortunately I’ve probably had my moments. Hopefully they are few and far between! And isn’t it so much less painful when we can manage to learn from somebody else’s mistakes? ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

5. Maddie says:

Does anyone know the address where you can send in your pictures for critique ?

If you do, please comment back and let me know(:

6. kailay says:

the page wouldn’t load for me :’(

7. Oonagh says:

Fantastic. Thanks for the laugh(s)!