Celebrating the thoroughbred, as we speak with Teresa Stopford-Sackville who found Rolex winner, TB Cool Mountain, as a yearling and is now headed back to Kentucky with him for this year’s WEG. And we spoke with Susanna Thomas who runs the Makers Mark Secretariat Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation Facility at the Kentucky Horse Park about her special plans for the Games. Listen in…
2010 Radio Show Episode 103 by SUCCEED – Show Notes and Links:
- Hosts: Samantha Clark and Glenn the Geek
- Guest: Teresa Stopford-Sackville who found Rolex winner, TB Cool Mountain
- Guest: Jim Bates – General Manager and Executive VP of HRTV
- Guest: Susanna Thomas – Makers Mark Secretariat Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation Facility at the Kentucky Horse Park
- News: The top 15 dressage horse and rider combinations in the United States are headed to Gladstone, New Jersey for the Festival of Champions which will incorporate the National Championships and Selection Trials for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
- News: Anky Van Grunsven Named Reserve Rider For Dutch Reining Team – The Chronicle of the Horse
- News: The Kentucky Horse Park continues to build temporary structures and seating in preparation for the Games, and we will be posting new pictures on our facebook page this week.
- News: Colombia’s Daniel Blumen and Hungarian Henri Kovaks luckily both jumped clear rounds and are now one step closer to returning to compete here at the Park in September at the Alltech World Equestrian Games.
- News: We also heard from our spotlight endurance rider Cheryl Dell. She and her fantastic horse Reason to believe are on their way to Danville, Illinois to compete in the final selection trial for the US Endurance Team for the Games which takes place on August 10th.
- News: Trouble is brewing for the New Zealand Endurance Team heading for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games who just a week ago looked to be almost invincible.
- News: A city board denied a permit last week to allow a temporary campsite for 444 recreational vehicles near the Kentucky Horse Park during the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games later this year.
- News: Campground and RV Park space is available only ten minutes from the Kentucky Horse Park with free shuttle service, nightly entertainment and fun for the kids and more. Visit them at www.wegaccommodations.com.
- News: Volunteers for the Spotlight Lexington Festival — the series of downtown entertainment events during the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games — will get their names emblazoned on a car that will race at Talladega Superspeedway in Talladega, Ala., on Oct. 31 as part of the Sprint Cup Series.
- News: Interactive map of the Alltech Experience that will be held at the WEG
Please support our sponsors because we would not be here without them:
Listen Now, Download or Subscribe: